Saturday, September 15, 2007

(something of) a proper introduction

Let's backtrack a little bit. My name is Marcus, I am 21 years old and attend Emmanuel College in Boston. Pleased to meet me! Through my own little corner of the cyberworld, I hope to make some sense of critical theory. For the moment, I've not committed to any theory in particular, and feel I only really have the most basic understanding of some of the big ones (Marxism, feminism, and so on). It seems that while many, if not most, explore certain concepts with which I find myself in agreement, as a whole I cannot quite fully connect with any of them. In other words, I have not yet found a theory that I feel wholly represents that which I believe or see the world. Maybe thats not the point either, but I guess I'll figure this out in quietness and time.

No comments: